Please name your photograph with your name. If you are submitting more than 1 image add a number to your name (i.e. JohnSmith1.jpg)
In the further information box on the form please list the images and supply a title.
As a small team, it’s easier for us if you can submit your entry/ies) online. However, you can submit by post if you prefer. Please post a CD or photographs of your work along with the information requested on the online form to: Pop Up Dorset, c/o Jackson Gallery Portland, 77 Fortuneswell, Portland, Dorset DT5 1LY.
We can only return postal entries if you enclose and SAE with the correct value of postage.
Same rules apply as for online entries.
Terms and Conditions for submission
1. You can submit up to 4 artworks for consideration by the the Pop Up Dorset team.
2. Entry is open between the 08:00 29th September 2014 and 23:59 31st October 2014. Entries submitted outside this period will not be considered.
3. You must be based in Dorset (living, practising or studying).
4. You must be the originator of the submitted artwork.
5. Any work submitted should not contain any content which infringes Copyright laws.
6. You must be 18 years of age or older.
7. By submitting artwork(s) you are making it available for exhibition and sale (at a price set by you) between the dates Tuesday 25th November 2014 until Sunday 21st December 2014.
8. If you have work that you’d like to submit that is unsuitable for sale (such video or installations) please fill out the submission form making a note that the entry isn’t suitable for sale.
9. Any artwork submitted, whether selected for the exhibition or not, may be used in the marketing of the event (such as on the website).
10. Entering your artwork is free of charge.
11. Dates and venue are subject to change if events occur beyond our control.
12. All entrants will be notified if their work is selected, or not, for exhibition within 3 weeks of the closing date.
13. All correspondence with artists will be via email in the first instance.
14. The Pop Up Dorset team’s decision is final.
15. You will receive all revenue from any sales including prints and cards, less 25% commission, which will contribute to the running of the event.
16. All artwork submitted will be featured on the Pop Up Dorset website and an online and possible printed exhibition catalogue along with the Artist’s name and location (town/village)
17. The copyright of all artworks exhibited in Pop Up Dorset will remain the property of the artist, but it is a condition of entry that Pop Up Dorset shall have the right of free reproduction of all exhibited paintings for publicity, educational, reference and all broadcast and digital purposes.
18. The processes of the competition may be filmed or photographed, and entering the competition constitutes agreement for a artwork to be included in such filming, whether broadcast or not.
19. All artwork will need to be delivered to The Jackson Gallery by Sunday 23rd November 2014 in a state ready to be hung (we will provide hanging materials).
20. You will need to supply a high res image or provide your artwork in advance of the event, for the exhibition catalogue.
21. Income from the selling of exhibition catalogues etc. will go towards the running of the event.
22. All exhibiting artists will be guaranteed a place at any Private Views or events during the exhibition.
What we will do
23. Our best to get as many visitors to the exhibition.
24. Feature successful entrants on the Pop Up Dorset Website.
25. Positively promote the Arts in Dorset.
26. Pass on revenue from any sales directly to the artists at the close of the exhibition, -25% commission.
27. Manage delivery and associated costs of any artwork that is sold.
Information submitted on this form will be used solely for the purpose of Pop Up Dorset. It will not be passed on to any third parties. We will use your contact details to let you know the results of the submission stage of Pop Up Dorset. If you wish to be kept up-to-date on the event as a whole, please subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Facebook or Twitter or check back regularly on our Blog.
If you have problems with the form or just can’t stand using websites, please email us by clicking on the HELP button and we’ll do our best to help out.HELP